With three resorts to choose from—Mt. Norquay, Lake Louise and Sunshine Village—a Banff Lake Louise ski vacation is sure to please every type of skier from novices looking for cruisers to extreme-seekers looking for some challenging inbounds terrain.
Those in search of serenity and quiet are sure to enjoy a trip to this beautiful region as the ski resorts are next to the protected wilderness of Banff National Park, which encompasses the town of Banff and Lake Louise and all three of the area's ski resorts. Banff's inland locale—on the border of interior British Columbia and Alberta—ensures light, fluffy powder which makes skiing in Banff and Lake Louise even more fun.
Ski Banff Lake Louise
Skiers and boarders have more than 8,000 acres of skiable terrain spread over three world-class ski resorts and accessed with one tri-area lift ticket. With more than 274 named trails, every level of skiing is well represented at Banff’s three resorts. Mt. Norquay, which is located just minutes from the town of Banff, is considered a family-friendly resort and offers weekend night skiing for those that just can get enough time on the slopes. The whole family will love learning about Mt. Norquay’s history as an Olympic and World Cup training ground.
Boasting 4,200 acres of skiable terrain, Lake Louise Ski Area takes the cake for “biggest” Banff skiing. With 25 percent beginner terrain and a green run accessible from every chairlift, 45 percent intermediate terrain and 30 percent expert terrain, the Lake Louise skiing suits every level and type of skier and is ideal for large groups or families. Plus, it’s probably the most conveniently located Banff ski resort because the Village at Lake Louise, which features restaurants and lodging options, is just minutes from the ski area.
Sunshine Village Ski Area is nestled in Banff National Park and 15 minutes from the town of Banff. Sunshine Village sits higher up than the other two resorts and allows skiers and boarders the chance to not only ski and ride on the Continental Divide, but also in two Canadian provinces: Alberta and British Columbia. Because of its slightly higher elevation and remote location, Sunshine often gets the most—and fluffiest—snow of all three. While nearly 75 percent of the terrain is designated as beginner or intermediate, Sunshine also boasts some of the area’s best expert and extreme terrain, with two off-piste zones atop the Continental Divide chairlift.
Banff Heli Skiing Operators
Canadian Mountain Holidays
- Multi-day packages at 11 Lodges
- Access to 3.2 million acres
- Best for luxury heli seekers
Banff National Park
Banff National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage and one of Canada's most beloved treasures. This protected wilderness is home to some of the world's most beautiful sights, including crisp turquoise lakes, like Lake Louise; breathtaking peaks, like Mount Assiniboine; and a long list of wildlife. The fact that this beautiful Canadian gem is convenient to world-class restaurants, hotels, nightlife and spas makes it the ultimate mountain destination.
Banff Ski Vacation Packages
If skiing or riding in one of North America's most beautiful place sounds like something you'd like to experience, make it all come true this winter and start planning your Banff Lake Louise ski trip. We're here to help you make the process easy as possible. You can book your entire Banff ski vacation package, including:
- Lodging. Choose from 27 lodging options. Popular Searches: Discounted Lodging | Luxury | Ski In Ski Out | Pet-Friendly | Hot Tub
- Lift Tickets. Ski.com can save you up to 40% on window prices. Call for lift tickets!
- Flights.We work domestically and internationally with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, SWISS, Air France, Alitalia, LAN and more.
- Ground Transportation.Options include rental cars with top providers, like Budget, Hertz and Avis, private cars, private shuttles or shared shuttles.
- Snowsports School.We've got beginners to experts covered with award-winning snowsports schools at every destination we work with.
- Equipment Rentals.Pre-arrange your rentals or demos with us. Options include in-store pick-up or delivery service right to where you're staying.
- Activities.Dog sledding, snow tubing, ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling...the list goes on. We can make it all happen for you.